Communism 1963 Goals Read In Senate
Is Communism Dead? Read Its Avowed 1963 Goals - Sound Just A Bit Familiar?
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Congressional Record
PROCEEDINGS AND DEBATES OF THE 88th CONGRESS FIRST SESSION
VOLUME 109-PART 1: JANUARY 9, 1963, TO JANUARY 30, 1963
UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE, WASHINGTON, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF
REPRESENTATIVES Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG: Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land. Fla., is an
ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the
De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to
the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the Record, under unanimous consent,
the following 'Current Communist Goals' which she identifies as an excerpt
from 'The Naked Communist,' by Cleon Skousen:
(From 'The Naked Communist,' by Cleon Skousen)
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS:
- U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
- U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
- Develop the illusion that total disarmament by the United States would be
a demonstration of moral strength.
- Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation
and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
- Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
- Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
- Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
- Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushehev's
promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free election under
supervision of the U.N.
- Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has
agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
- Allow all soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
- Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is
rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own
independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be
taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers
compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
- Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
- Do away with all loyalty oaths.
- Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American
institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Get control of schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and
current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers,
associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
- Gain control of all student newspapers.
- Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or
organizations which are under Communist attack.
- Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial
writing, policymaking positions.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
- Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic
expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good
sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and
- Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote
ugliness,repulsive, meaningless art."
- Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a
violation of free speech and free press.
- Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and
obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
- Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity, as "normal, natural, healthy."
- Infiltrate the churches and replace repealed religion with "social"
religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual
maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on
the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
- Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate,
old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation
between nations on a worldwide basis.
- Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish
aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of
American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big
picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
- Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of
the culture-education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
- Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of
the Communist apparatus.
- Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
- Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
- Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
- Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
- Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies.
Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but
psychiatrists can understand or treat.
- Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means
of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
- Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
- Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of
parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to
suppressive influence of parents.
- Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate
aspects of the American tradition: that students and special interest groups
should rise up and use united force to solve economic, political or social problems.
- Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready
- Internationalize the Panama Canal.
Return to Table of Contents
Return to Home Page